Stephen and I had a lovely five day break in Harrietville - 25th to 29th April. We had wanted to spend some time during Autumn in and around Bright and Harrietville. Stephen spent time fishing and I was able to continue working on our European vacation album. For some time Stephen and I have been thinking about trying to smoke trout. We borrowed a Cobb from Cameron and Stephen did a bit of research in regards to the best method and type of smoking chips to use, etc. He caught three nice sized fish the first coupe of days and on the Friday morning he set about getting the job done. The result was absolutely superb. We had a banquet for lunch and more than enough left for dinner.
The colours of the Autumn leaves were also just spectacular. You see richer, more intense coloured leaves in the alpine areas were the temperatures are so much cooler.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.